Bold labels are required.
Lake County family law attorneys Michael Strauss and Gary Schlesinger have been active attending and presenting Continuing Legal Education seminars, commenting on new Illinois law and helping people with their family law needs.
Michael S. Strauss
Mr. Strauss joined the Law Office of Gary L. Schlesinger in March, 2006, and he became a partner on September 1, 2010, when Schlesinger & Strauss, LLC, was formed. Michael has practiced only family law since being admitted to the Illinois Bar. He has handled family law cases in seven counties in the state of Illinois.
On October 9, 2006, and February 12, 2007, Michael Strauss completed 16 hours of training to be certified as a child representative and guardian ad litem in custody and adoption cases. He is now certified to serve in those capacities in the 16th, 18th, and 19th judicial circuits in Illinois.
Michael has been chosen by the incoming president of the Lake County Illinois Bar Association to be one of two co-editors of the monthly publication, The Docket. The appointment is for the year beginning July 1, 2009. He was also elected to the Illinois State Bar Association Assembly for a three-year term.
Mr. Strauss has been selected to the Illinois Risng Stars list in 2014.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Premarital Agreements
- Custody & Support
- Juvenile Cases
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 2004
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2005
- University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 2004
- University of Illinois, Champaign, IL
- B.S., Bachelor of Science in Human Resources and Family Studies - 1999
Honors and Awards
- Selected to Illinois Rising Stars list, 2014
- Recipient, F. Dennis Franz f/k/a Russell Bundeson Award presented by the Illinois Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and given to the top law student dedicated to the field of Family Law, 2004
- Dean's List, 2003
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lake County Bar Association, Member, 2006 - Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 2004 - Present
- Kane County Bar Association, Member, 2004 - Present
- University of Illinois College of Law Alumni Association, Member, 2004 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Shaw, Jacobs & Associates, P.C, Associate, 2004 - 2006
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Zeta Beta Tau