Bold labels are required.
Lake County family law attorneys Michael Strauss and Gary Schlesinger have been active attending and presenting Continuing Legal Education seminars, commenting on new Illinois law and helping people with their family law needs.
Email MeMichael S. Strauss
Mr. Strauss joined the Law Office of Gary L. Schlesinger in March, 2006, and he became a partner on September 1, 2010, when Schlesinger & Strauss, LLC, was formed. Michael has practiced only family law since being admitted to the Illinois Bar. He has handled family law cases in seven counties in the state of Illinois. Michael also serves as a mediator and as a Child Representative or Guardian Ad Litem.
Michael has presented multiple times at the Lake County Family Law annual conference as well as to speak each year at the annual Illinois College of Law Student/Alumni conference on issues of family law and small law firm practice. Michael is one of the co-editors of the Lake County legal publication, The Docket. Michael has also been elected to the Illinois State Bar Association Assembly and was appointed by the Illinois State Bar Association present to the Child Law Section Counsel. He was also been named a Rising Star in the area of Family Law by Super Lawyers Magazine in 2014, a designation reserved for the top 2.5% of all Illinois attorneys under 40.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Premarital Agreements
- Custody & Support
- Juvenile Cases
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 2004
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2005
- University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 2004
- University of Illinois, Champaign, IL
- B.S., Bachelor of Science in Human Resources and Family Studies - 1999
Honors and Awards
- Selected to Illinois Rising Stars list, 2014
- Recipient, F. Dennis Franz f/k/a Russell Bundeson Award presented by the Illinois Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and given to the top law student dedicated to the field of Family Law, 2004
- Dean's List, 2003
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lake County Bar Association, Member, 2006 - Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 2004 - Present
- Kane County Bar Association, Member, 2004 - Present
- University of Illinois College of Law Alumni Association, Member, 2004 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Shaw, Jacobs & Associates, P.C, Associate, 2004 - 2006
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Zeta Beta Tau